Support Knowledge Base
SONiVOX Software - Upgrade Instructions
This article details how to use the codes and links provided by the Upgrade Email Notification Utility.
Promo codes and Activation Codes are used differently. To use a Promo Code or Activation Code to obtain an upgrade, follow the steps below.
Promo Codes are redeemed during checkout in the online store, and provide a discounted purchase price (or even free in some cases). To redeem a promo codes for an upgrades, perform the following:
- Go to the web page link you were provided to visit the product page for the software title you're interested in.
- Towards the upper-right of the window that opens, click the 'Upgrade Now' button to add the software title to your shopping cart.
- On the next screen, enter the Promo Code above into the 'Promo Code' field. This will apply the promotional discount to the eligible software title.
- Proceed with the checkout process to complete your transaction.
Activation Codes are used inside the software title itself to activate or authorize it.
Each code can be used for both the Windows or Mac version, up to a maximum of two total activations.
To use an Activation Code, you'll first download, install, and launch the software. Then you'll enter the Activation Code when prompted.
An Activation Code authorizes a current installation or Trial version into a full unlimited version of the software title. To use an Activation Code to authorize a current installation or Trial version, perform the following:
- Locate the email you received from the Upgrade Email Notification Utility. The email will list the following for each eligible title associated with your email address:
- Software Title
- Download Page - a link to the page where you'll download your software title
- Code - either an activation code or a promo code
- Instructions - a link to these instructions
- In the email you received, click the link to the download page for the software title.
- Towards the center of the web page that opens, click the tab titled Update and download the latest Windows or Mac update.
- Download and install the software. Note: some over-protective web browsers may present a warning, or even block the download. It's OK to allow the download.
- Once the download is complete, double-click and run the installer file. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the softare program. Make sure to restart your computer if prompted.
- Launch your software.
Some titles are available as both stand-alone applications and as plugins for use inside a DAW. It doesn't matter which one you use for authorization. Launch either the stand-alone application (if one is provided for your title), or launch your DAW and open your new plugin by adding it to a track.
Logic Pro users:
Unlike other DAWs, Logic will not automatically prompt you to activate. You will need to launch a standalone authorizer plugin to activate your software before opening Logic. If your SONiVOX download did not include a standalone authorizer app, click the link below to obtain this:
SONiVOX Software - Activation for Logic Pro
- Once the software program opens, you may see a window similar to the example below, allowing you choose to Acitvate, Try, or Quit. Choose Activate.
- To unock the full version of your software, enter the Activation Code that was emailed to you from the Upgrade Email Notification Utility.
- You may be required to enter your e-mail and/or create or login to an iLok account. Please follow the on-screen steps as needed.
Note: Your software utilizes PACE/iLok security measures to assist with anti-piracy. While a physical iLok is not necessary to use the plugin, the creation of an iLok account is required for activation.
- Finally, choose to store your new license on your computer or your iLok and the activation is complete.
Sonivox Technical Support & Warranty Service
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a SONiVOX product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the SONiVOX technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.