Support Knowledge Base
Sonivox Big Bang Universal Drums Setup With An External Drum Module
SONiVOX Big Bang Universal Drums allow for virtually any MIDI controller to be easily mapped to its parameters. This is done using the built in MIDI Learn function. This tutorial walks through setting up the Alesis DM10 drum module as a MIDI controller in the Big Bang Universal Drums virtual instrument. These same steps can be applied to most other MIDI controllers on the market.
- Connect the DM10 module to the computer via the USB port and open Big Bang Universal Drums.
- Click on I/O Settings in the upper left hand corner and hover over Midi Ports. Select USB DM10 MIDI Interface.
Press the Learn button in Big Bang. This will enable the MIDI Learn function in Big Bang allowing all of the pads on the Alesis drum kit to be assigned.
- Mouse click on a specific drum in the Big Bang Interface. This will highlight the drum when in MIDI Learn mode.
- Strike the pad on the Alesis kit that corresponds to the drum that was selected in Big Bang. (For example If you highlighted the snare in Big Bang, strike the snare pad on the Alesis kit.)
Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all of the Alesis drums pads are assigned to a specific drum in Big Bang.
- Once all the Alesis pads are assigned, select the folder icon in the top right and choose Save Learn.
- Name the file and choose a location on the computer for future use and click Save. (It would be helpful to name the file after the specific MIDI controller that is being used.)
- To recall a previous Learn file for a specific MIDI controller that has been saved, select the folder icon in the top right and choose Load Learn.
- Located the specific file for the MIDI controller being used and click Open.
Sonivox Technical Support & Warranty Service
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a SONiVOX product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the SONiVOX technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.