Support Knowledge Base
SONiVOX Virtual Instrument Troubleshooting
When it comes to SONiVOX, cutting-edge sound creation is made easy. Most of the instruments come with large sound banks that the instruments call upon to help facilitate your creative juices, but sometimes a 'break' between the virtual instrument and the sound library may occur causing the instrument to stop making any sound. This could happen for any number of reasons, but have no fear! Most SONiVOX virtual instruments come with a Fix Configuration Utility that can patch the sound files and the instrument back together very easily. Follow the steps in this guide and you will be back to making music in no time!
- Choose your Start Menu and then find and run the product specific Fix Config Utility. This can be found in the Start Menu at SONiVOX > SONiVOX (virtual instrument name) > Utilities
- When you run the utility, the Setup Wizard will appear. On the first screen in the wizard, choose Next.
- In the next window, Accept the Agreement and then choose Next.
- On the next screen, choose the location where the product specific samples are located and then choose Next.
- Next, choose Install.
- The installation has successfully completed. Choose OK and then press Finish.
- Go to the Applications folder and find and run the SONiVOX product-specific Fix Config Utility. This can be found at Applications > (virtual instrument name) > Utilities
- In the window that opens, choose Install.
- Press Continue in the next window that pops up.
- Choose the folder that contains your samples and then press Choose.
- You have successfully chosen the correct location of your samples. Press Quit and the process is complete.
Sonivox Technical Support & Warranty Service
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a SONiVOX product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the SONiVOX technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.